Thursday, December 3, 2015

Gingerhead

Who doesn't love a redhead?

Ever since I first saw a summer sampler of Red Racer beer, with that illustration of a tantalizing redhead on a bicycle, I've been impressed. And it has nothing to do with Central City's symbolic lady. 

Almost every one of the many beers I've tried, I liked. A lot. Earlier, this summer, their ISA blew me away and was one of my summer picks.

Now, for December, the girl is back: and I'm in love.
Red Racer Gingerhead Gingerbread Stout (6% ABV)
Central City Brewers
Surrey, BC
Appearance: motor-oil black with walnut highlights, and a creamy, taupe head that settles to a thin cap.

Nose: rich chocolate, coffee, burnt caramel, and spice.

Palate: the gingerbread comes out at the gate, with full force. There's a slight sweetness that, when swirled in the mouth, releases tones of vanilla and a hint of root beer. Chocolate brings up the rear in what is a rich, decadent finish, without any "strong-beer" taste.

Overall impression: I love a good, full-bodied stout, and this one delivers. The added flavours of gingerbread and sweetness of chocolate make this not only a great stout, but a decadent holiday dessert. I am thoroughly impressed with this latest Red Racer offering, and this is perhaps one of the best stouts that I have had in a very long time.

That red head has got my motor racing.

Grab some while you can.

Beer O'Clock rating: 5

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment