Monday, January 21, 2013

Good Morning, Sunshine!

This post is long-overdue.

I visited this Finger-Lakes brewery in October, drank this beer last week, and finally got around to writing this post on Sunday night.

And now you get it today.

But this beer was worth the wait.
Sunrise Coffee Stout
Cortland Brewing Company
Cortland, NY (U.S.A.)
6 fl. oz.; 6% ABV
Colour: deep walnut brown with a deep beige head.

Nose: intense coffee notes with a hint of cedar and tobacco.

Palate: rich, roasted coffee and toasted malts; a rich, lingering finish.

Additional notes: this is a great stout that tastes like an espresso. Made with locally roasted coffee beans, this ale is a great pick-me-up. My only wish is that I lived closer to Cortland. But at five hours, I'll be tempted to return.

Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment