Thursday, March 14, 2013

Grab Box 3

I'm into the final half of my holiday sampler from Beau's and it dawned on me that I've posted a review every day this week.

I don't have a drinking problem. I drink: no problem.

On any given evening, I enjoy a pint, maybe two. But I never drink to excess. I drink responsibly. As I once wrote on Twitter: I don't get drunk. I get fortified.

But I digress.

I had only one bottle of beer yesterday and I actually sipped it over a couple of hours. After all, it was a 600-ml bottle. It was another bottle from the holiday assortment of Beau's special releases. For the past three days, I've randomly grabbed from the gift pack that I bought before Christmas, and then promptly forgot about them, forgot what beers lay inside.

To read the review on the first bottle I pulled from the box, click here; for the second one, click here.

Here's the third bottle that I pulled from the pack:
Patio Saison (Belgian-style harvest ale; 6.3% ABV)
Beau's All Natural Brewing Company
Vankleek Hill, ON
Beer O'Clock rating: 3
Appearance: pale, murky caramel to a deep grapefruit juice colour, with a whitish, foamy head that lasted about an hour.

Nose: citrus and floral notes.

Palate: mild orange citrus, traces of black pepper and clove, with a short, dry finish.

Overall impression: I could see myself quaffing this ale on a hot summer's day after mowing the lawn. This ale, served cool, would go down nicely. As it's name suggests, it's great for patio season too.

I'm pleased to say that the label on this bottle was in great shape (the previous two labels were a bit of a dog's breakfast). But I didn't get the Santa cap on the sun (it's not on the label shown on Beau's Web page).

My opinion of Beau's is changing. I used to think of them as a hit-and-miss brewery. I liked about half of the beer I tried, but clearly I hadn't tried enough of their products. At WinterBrewed, I had some phenomenal beer, such as their Winterbrewed, Bog Father, Burnt Rock, and Strong Patrick. During their FeBREWary season, I loved Oiseau de Nuit and Dubbel Koyt.

And of the three beers I've had of this four-pack grab box, I've enjoyed them all.

Good on you, Beau's.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment