Tuesday, March 19, 2013

'Scuse Me, Waiter, There's a Dead Guy in My Glass

While drinking the latest beer for my review, I couldn't help but think of a few one-liners.

"I'm enjoying a Dead Guy." (Yes, there's a definite 'ew' factor to that one.)

"This Dead Guy is an Oregon donor."

And, of course, the classic play on the dead-fly-in-the-soup gag, as used in the title of this post.

But all kidding aside, there's a great maibock that has made its way to the shelves of my local LCBO that I thought I'd share with you.
Dead Guy Ale (6.5% ABV)
Rogue Ales
Newport, OR
Beer O'Clock rating: 4
Appearance: light to medium amber with a whitish head.

Nose: malt and honey.

Palate: slightly burnt butter, malt, and wild honey that carry through to a flavourful, nicely hopped finish.

Overall impression: while drinking this ale (which I drank from a fluted glass), I couldn't help but think of butter and honey on toast. As this is a spring ale, I might also have enjoyed it with breakfast.


Dead Guy goes down nicely... ugh... I mean, this ALE goes down nicely and is easy-drinking, despite its alcohol content. Although the alcohol levels might account for the fact that I inadvertently deleted the photos that I shot of the bottle and my freshly poured glass.

Go out and grab a Dead Guy before it's gone from the stores... ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

No bones about it!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment