Monday, February 11, 2013

A Little Help Here?

This isn't a beer review, but this post is beer related and could lead to future beer reviews.

In May, I'll be heading out on a road trip to New York City. I'll be driving from Ottawa, crossing into the U.S. via Hill Island and taking the I-81 through New York State and Pennsylvania, changing onto the I-80 and into New Jersey.

While I plan on making few stops on the way down (for fuel, coffee, and washroom only), I do plan on making one or two on the return journey.

And here's where I need your help: on the way home, I'd like to stop at a couple of breweries to try samples and pick up favourites for reviewing. Not knowing many American craft breweries, I could use some recommendations.

I'd like to stay as close as possible to my route, which means if a brewery takes me more than 15 minutes off track (getting to it), I'm going to keep driving. Also, because of my schedule, the brewery may not even be open.

Driving down, I'll leave home before 5:00 on a Friday morning. If traffic cooperates, I should arrive in The Big Apple by 1:00, which means that I'll be passing most breweries before they open. And that's why I don't plan to make any stops along the way.

However, if you know of any stores that are worth visiting, please speak up.

On the way home, I want to be underway on Sunday around lunchtime. I'd like to be home by 8 or 9. This means that I'll be on the road when many breweries and beer stores will be open. (I was hoping to make a stop at Cortland Brewing Company, but they're closed on Sundays.)

So, dear beer lovers, where should I go? What breweries or beer stores are a must on my journey?

Please leave your suggestions in the Comments section of this post. I'll check out every one of them and will pick two or three from them. If I use your recommendation, I'll acknowledge you in the review of any beer I bring back.

Please submit your suggestions before April 28, 2013.

Cheers, and thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment